Monday, May 7, 2012

Hertz Hurts

OPEN LETTER

Hertz Customer Service:

Do you know that there are currently 63 pages on google that come up on a search limited to "Hertz hurts" in quotes?  Hertz ripped me off.  Hertz deceived me, pulled off some kind of fine print scan quoting on charge and then withdrawing hundreds of dollars more from my account.  Hertz hurt me too.  Hertz, in response to your latest email below refusing to resolve my 5 month old complaint, this is my last warning to you.  If you give me back what I have shown you you deceived me over and stole from me, I will start a bouycout of your company, and I will blog about it and unite with others online for the ultimate purpose of driving you out of business.  Consider yourself warned.  This record will never go away.  Are you ready to see this snowball?

Sincerely,
Sky

HERTZ FILE GW4611/038
1 message

Hertz Customer Relations <CustomerRelations@hertz.com> Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:55 AM

To:***********
Dear Sky ****:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about the optional services
billed on your recent rental.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the charges billed for the
LDW.  Upon reviewing the rental charges, our records indicate you accepted
this additional service and had the benefit of it during your rental.  My
research indicates the charges billed for your rental have been correctly
invoiced.    We regret, we cannot make an adjustment based on a
conversation between yourself and the Hertz representative.  We must base
our decision on an adjustment on the signed rental record.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for contacting us.
We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Janet N.
Customer Correspondence Administrator
OKC Customer Services
The Hertz Corporation
P.O. Box 26120
14501 Hertz Quail Springs Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK  73134
U.S.A.

Telephone:  888-777-6095, Ext. 4812
FAX:  405-290-2899

For all correspondence sent USPS, please use the address below.

The Hertz Corporation
Attn:  Customer Relations Department
P.O. Box 26120
Oklahoma City, OK  73126
U.S.A.

From:   ******************
To:     customerrelations@hertz.com
Date:   04/16/2012 11:28 AM
Subject:        HERTZ FILE GW4611      LDW dispute

The representative I spoke with on the phone just now said I should
email this to you and wait for 2 to 3 weeks for a response.  I wanted
to know if this could be resolved so I could decide if I would rent
from Hertz today to make a round trip rental between DC and New York
City.  I have decided not to today.

On the attached PDF you will see that on my original estimate of
charges I was told I could expect $15 a day for insurance.  Later I
was charged $38.99.  I have contested this charge with my bank (Wells
Fargo) and they have reverted the charge to me while they investigate.
 However, it has been about 3 months since this all began, and I am
uncomfortable continuing business with Hertz until this is resolved.
I am considering writing detailed negative reviews about Hertz on
business feedback websites and comment boards.

Sky ****

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ***************
Date: Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Subject: Hertz discrepancies
To: "****, Thoth S." <thoth****@gmail.com>

A failure of known agreements and expectations!

[attachment "HERTZ01.PDF" deleted by Hertz Customer
Relations/CUR/OKC/Hertz]

---------------
This message (including attachments) may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or protected from disclosure.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message or any
information contained in it is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply
e-mail and delete this message from your computer.  Although we have taken
steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus,
we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient
should ensure they are actually virus free.
---------------

2 comments:

  1. I had a horrible experience with Hertz as well. Did they ever resolve your issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shauna, the refunded me all the money I asked for and more. The thing that finally got their attention was when I started faxing them a print of my entire blog and an update on my complaint daily. That got their attention and accommodating response very quickly. It took about two or three days. Sorry my response to you here took longer than that! May the strength of like-minded community be with you in your struggle for justice! Sky

      Delete