Monday, May 7, 2012

Redirecting People away from Hertz

Dear Folks,

If you want to move a few things (like student belongings) across country, you do not have to rent from Hertz.  Even though they seem to be the only major car rental company offering long distance one way rentals, there are still cheaper ways.  Moreover, since Hertz is a disreputable company, you might not want to support them.  If you do support them, they might very well rip you off and run off with a lot more of your support than you expected.  If that happens to you, write to me in the comments, and I will blog about your complaints also.  But back to the alternatives to Hurtful Hertz, because Hertz hurts to much...

There are a number of companies that will part a small 20 foot semi trailer in front of your house or apartment and let you rent out however many square feet you need in the front of the trailer.  You load your stuff up and then lock it off with plywood.  Then UPS or whatever other company uses the rest of the trailer space for other freight needs until the trailer gets to your destination and then you unload the stuff you stashed away in the front of the trailer.  You will pay less than a Hertz rental, AND much, much less than a U-haul or any kind of haul your own stuff rental.  And best of all, I worked with a company twice that had superb customer service.  I highly recommend this company.  A friend of mine moving with a few belongings and no future from Harrisonburg, VA to Tampa, FL for graduate school just asked me for my advice and this is what I just sent him in Gmail Chat:

Sent at 1:18 PM on Monday
me: Moveamerica
1-877-495-9555

I used them twice and would highly recommend them
 
Sent at 1:28 PM on Monday
me:  On the other hand, I launched a blog today to start a boycott against Hertz because I'm so adamantly opposed to their business practices along with 63 pages worth links to other people who also wrote online about how how "Hertz hurts" in exactly those two words.
 
Every time I get others to join me in my boycott of Hertz like this, I will let you no.  If Hertz makes the situation right, I will also let you know if I end my boycott.
 
Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment