Thursday, May 17, 2012

Image of Misleading Wells Fargo Letter

Dear Readers,

Below is an image scanned for you of the letter Wells Fargo sent me that mislead me into keeping too much money in my savings account and too little money in my checking (I included this image in a 17 page fax to Wells Fargo which I also emailed as a PDF with an additional statement I will also copy for you below).  The fundamental problem is this. Wells Fargo reversed a credit in my checking account that they had given me for a undefined length of time in my dispute with Hertz, and they told me in a letter that they had already done this when in fact they were going to do this fifteen days in the future.  So fifteen days after they told me they had already reversed this credit, I did not have enough money in my checking account to cover this unexpected expense, so I was hit with overdraft fees.  I did not closely audit what they told me in their letter because I read the letter from Wells Fargo and I trusted Wells Fargo.  Now Wells Fargo is making me pay a penalty for trusting them.  Those fees hit me on March 7, 2012 when money was automatically transferred from my savings to my checking when I wasn't expecting it based on what Wells Fargo had written to me.

This is unjust, is it not?  If Wells Fargo mislead me and caused me to err, then they should give me back the fees they penalized me with for erring.  That is a pretty simple request, isn't it?  Let me know what you think.

Moreover, isn't it ironic that when Wells Fargo offered to help me fight an unjust charge from another company, then Wells Fargo ended up charging me unjustly themselves at the same time that the other company in question relented and decided to refund me?  Remember how I just ended my boycott of Hertz because they finally wrote to me admitted that they had in fact billed me in error and promised to refund me?

In the mean time, now that my dispute is with Wells Fargo instead of Hertz ironically, I hope Wells Fargo has their fax machines convert all incoming documents into PDF files without printing them; otherwise, they are wasting a lot of paper and ink with all the evidence that I am sending via fax, in addition to the same in my email and blog postings.  One way or another, I will make sure they get the message that I am 100% committed to getting a satisfactory answer from them concerning this matter, either in terms of a refund or a clear moral argument from them stating how they can possibly see these fees as being right and fair to charge me.  Hertz finally saw the light when I started sending them long faxes too.  They never took my emails seriously however.  I don't know if they even read them.  Remember to use faxes if nothing else is working.  It's a good technique.  Think about why that might be. 

The bottom line is, so far the bank has not honored their advertised promise that they will always be "working together" with there clients.  Blowing a client off is not working with a client.  But I've got news for Wells Fargo in Washington, D.C.  I'm not a fly: I'm the whole Sky.  I can't be blown off.

Remember my friends,

Put the Other Foot Down!

Sky Thoth


The above image was included in a fax that was also emailed as an attachment with this introduction:

Attached PDF of Fax that I sent you
1 message

Sky Thoth <sky@*****> Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Reply-To: sky@*****
To: trinh.haye@wellsfargo.com
Cc: pete.kuszmaul@wellsfargo.com
Bcc: many friends and family members who might have considered business with Wells Fargo before
Dear Ms. Trinh Haye,

On page 7 of 17 in the attached PDF file which I have also faxed to you, you will see a copy of the letter Wells Fargo sent to me which mislead me and caused me to make a banking error that lead to overdraft protection fees.  If the bank had not mislead me in this letter making me think that future account events were already past, I would not have made this error.  I need to get a complete refund from Wells Fargo of this month's past overdraft fees or a direct answer
from you as to your opinion about whether or not the letter Wells Fargo sent to me was misleading and why or why not.  Pete Kuszmaul would give me neither a complete refund of overdraft fees nor a direct answer as to whether or not the letter Wells Fargo sent me was misleading.  I find this counter to Wells Fargo's promise to "work together" and hope that you can rectify the situation.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  If I need to come in to the bank tomorrow, I will likely stop by sometime in the afternoon as I have heard from your associates that you will be in.  Otherwise, you can call me on my cell phone at 919-914-3767 or send me an email.  The matter in question at this point is a mere $12.50 at this time, but I may have to consider whether other damages are accruing over time if this matter cannot be dealt with in a manner that appears defensible.


Sincerely,


Sky Coon

No comments:

Post a Comment